Life is like ...

Photo By- daniel Smith



The Long Run.....


I woke up early today and needed to get in my long run... (feeling guilty for working too much, and not getting in my necessary workouts!)..anyway.




As I was starting my rolling 10 miler in the humid hot sun, I started to think about life, (mostly mine),lol,,,




...and as I ran I started to notice the peices of discarded trash and odd and end items that find thier way onto the burm of the road, and ditches out here in the middle of nowhere, Ohio country roads..
~first a wrinkled up note book page with ink handwriting smeared from the rain....made me wonder what it was?,,,what it said?...maybe it was the homework from some high school student that didnt get a good grade?? maybe a love note..? maybe a breakup letter?.. I guess it could have been anything.
Life is like a guessing game I thought, "you never know whats coming for YOU..!"


...so I continue on and start to see cigarette packs., ...tossed aside,( but too late) as it was empty.


Then i see beer cans, strewn about ,every so often , reminding me of my youthful ignorance and need to feel cool and out of touch... (man, Im glad i am old!)---and then here and there, empty bag of doritos, and cheeze puffs..(munchies??)--
- soon after that I almost slip on an unopened gold package of a prophylactic. -made me think again how lucky I am,,,(no need to explain here!) ...
then...close to mile 8, I see a ripped open box in the ditch..."EPT" on its side...Now that is uncanny I think!


~as I begin to think of these things ..Like life.. as they came up in the order they did. It told a story ..maybe one of bliss..maybe one now of fear and confusion..unknown future and maybe uncontrolled consequenses..It seemed like a sign..but Im not sure.


I felt grateful that I no longer worry about these things..
and how lost we are as youth, how fast life can change,,, If we arent careful....have no moral center..and how we need Good role models,,- I really want to be that.
~so think of you life like a long run.. dont waste time on idle things that harm, and especially never..ever.. litter.


daniel

Comments

Popular Posts