to Aunt Juli ~ My Tribute~ (Rest In Peace) xo

Angel with a broken wing

The sky is grey
a chill in the late springtime air,
yet, silent Snow will fall soon
I am sure.
Although I cant make sense of things,
For certain.
You aren’t here.
A Loss so deep, & numbing
do not want to believe it...is true,
I feel lost and cant think
I want to call, out to you
Silence in the woods
and a leaf blows into the river
Cold water of these lands
Where we grew up
shared much
the realness of Love, life, laughter and loss
aimless and weighless now
Floating upon the cold waters swift current
Farther away, until out of sight
Dry leaves, & things lost
Like I feel thinking of you tonight
Smell of summer in your hair,
Beautiful smile & your careless way
You taught me how to shine..
Shine and be real,
all the time.
I’m looking for direction
I hear the winds,
Pointing me to the pines
 out here in the country
..Whispering that you’re home
Held inside all that is true
With close family and friends.
All beauty that is you.
You taught us how to shine.
On a day calm and serene
we will all join hands Whole again ,
as the light will show
It will be seen.
Till then I know your there,
just above me,
Certain I can hear you there.
Laughing and caring
As you were here.
My angel~
With a broken wing.
I love you so Dear!
~~~~~~~~~~~

By: Daniel Smith
Juli-XO
5/09

Comments

Popular Posts